The Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 has been around for quite some time, yet it is still leaps and bounds above the competition. The Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 was designed as a high-end inversion table to offer comprehensive Inversion Therapy to consumers. With a price tag of around $300, but is it really worth the money? Does the EP-550 stack up as well the Teeter EP-960 or other models? In this Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Therapy Table Review, I’ll be providing you with a comprehensive overview of the product at hand – and what makes it different from other inversion tables.
As with any inversion table currently on the market, the Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 promises consumers that it will help in alleviating any current back-related problems. These problems may stem far and wide, although the most common is lower back pain. However, it’s important to note that while the Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 promises to reduce back pain and improve your posture, Teeter only mention that the table is actually “designed” to do so. There is no scientific evidence thus far proving that the EP-550 has a positive impact on the human body. But, with that out of the way, we can assume that the model has been designed similarly to other models, such as the EP-960. The EP-550 is only slightly cheaper than other Teeter models, and so based on the price, one would assume that the EP-550 will deliver on quality.
- PREMIUM FEATURES: Extra-long Stretch Max Handles for added assistance. Acupressure Nodes for trigger-point release and Lumbar Bridge for added traction and support. EZ-Angle tether features markings at 20, 40, and 60 degrees for easy rotational control.
- UNMATCHED COMFORT & SUPPORT: Patented wrap-around ankle cups for ergonomic fit. Contoured Bed flexes for comfort and optimizes stretch for maximum relief.
- PRECISION ROTATION FOR TOTAL CONTROL: It's easy to do - simple arm movements shift your body weight so you can effortlessly invert and return to the upright position.
My Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Review & Experience
Teeter’s name is a brand I’m already fully aware of – believe me. I recommend Teeter products daily to my clients. The only time I recommend other inversion tables is when my clients specifically state that their budget is between $100 and $200. If you’re looking for quality, then you really don’t need to look further than a Teeter model. The question is, which Teeter model? The EP-550 has some unique features in comparison to other models, but it’s actually digging deeper and finding out what makes these features unique, and more importantly, whether they are actually going to yield positive results.
The Teeter EP-550 features a mesh design, and is actually quite comfortable to lay on. The padded headrest improves upon this, and you really feel comfortable; which is something I always look for primarily. If you aren’t comfortable whilst inverting, then you’re not going to stick at it. The Flex technology that Teeter incorporates is quite remarkable. It allows you to tilt further, achieve higher degree angles and provides all-round better mobility. The adjustable foot platform is great for choosing which position you want to be in. While not specifically stated, the EP-550 can be used for ab-building purposes, and general workouts; although it is designed primarily as an inversion table. With a 300-pound user capacity limit, the EP-550 stacks up quite well with other Teeter models.
⇢ REAL DOCUMENTED CASE STUDY: TEETER HANG UPS EP-550
I am a strong believer that inversion tables must be tried and tested over several weeks to see the true benefits. As such, I often ask my clients to document their findings in a journal and provide this to me later on down the line. Below is a real live journal of one of my clients who used the EP-550 for a period of four weeks.
- Week 1: I used the Teeter EP-550 cautiously through the first week. I inverted for a period of 4-5 minutes per day with the safety strap attached. I didn’t want to completely invert, as I wanted to ensure my body would be used to the inversion table. By the end of the first week, I had not felt any relief.
- Week 2: During week two, I went for a more vigorous approach. I inverted for a period of 4-5 minutes, twice daily. I still did not fully invert as the pain was too strong. However, I started to feel slightly better after my daily therapy. I know that decompressing the vertebrae takes time, and I was optimistic for the up coming weeks.
- Week 3: I actually experienced muscle spasms during week three. I believe I was pushing myself too strongly, as I raised my therapy time to 10 minutes. I went back to my 4-5 minute sessions of therapy. By the end of week three, my lower back pain had greatly subsided. It was hard getting through week one and two as the pain was still there, but by week three, the pain was now easily manageable.
- Week 4: I am now able to fully invert without using the safety strap. I now invert three times daily for a period of 6 – 8 minutes. My feet hurt after each session, but I combated this problem by wearing thicker socks. My back pain has now almost gone completely. I feel more refreshed in the morning, and I am sleeping better. I have not experienced another muscle spasm as of yet.
Key features of the Teeter Hang Ups EP-550:
- Specifically designed to reduce back pain and improve your posture.
- Flex Technology provides better mobility than other inversion tables.B
- The instructional DVD gives you step-by-step instructions on using the EP-550.
- Adjustable foot platform provides better support than other tables.
My Final Conclusion For The Teeter Hang Ups EP-550
The Teeter EP-550 represents a turning point in Teeter’s history. Teeter are now beginning to utilise their technology to provide consumers with inversion tables that are not as experience. I believe Teeter are now beginning to align their business model with the fact that consumers need to be able to affordably combat back-related issues. The EP-550 achieves top marks from me, only scoring somewhat badly in terms of safety. If you want better safety, opt for the EP-960.
Pricing information updates every hour and may not be correct at the time of showing due to this. Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API