There are lot of inversion tables on the market, but what makes the Ironman IFT 4000 unique is the infrared heat function, which loosens and relaxes muscles while the user decompresses their spine. The heat, as well as being a form of treatment in itself, is extremely calming, which is all the more reason and motivation to get on the table and whip your spine into shape.
Many clients of mine suffer from back problems, but when I raise the question of inversion therapy, I find that they have often invested in a machine but then lost interest in it, leaving it to accumlate dust in the shed while their pain worsens. They know the pain is all too real, but at the same time, the discomfort of the inversion therapy prevents them from taking preventative action.
That won’t be a problem with the Ironman IFT 4000, not only because because of its infrared heat, but also because of its extremely sturdy, heavy and comfortable design.
- Inversion therapy table with advanced FIR heat technology
- Ultra-thin carbon fiber heating elements in backrest help soothe muscles
- May help reducing back pain and fatigue, and increasing blood circulation
My Ironman IFT 4000 Review & Experience
It’s misleading to just say “back problems,” because the list of chronicf problems that inversion therapy can benefit is extensive – herniated discs, bulging discs, fibromyalgia, arthritis, pinched sciatic nerves, knee and arm problems… the list goes on. If you really want to motivate yourself to get into the habit of inversion therapy, a table which requires a hefty initial investment but provides additional benefit is exactly what you need.
The table arrives in pieces and is extremely easy to put together. The tools you need actually come with the parts, and are of a high enough standard that you don’t even have to fuss about digging through your toolbox. Once constructed, it should be evident that you have built something very sturdy, and the specs only prove it. While your average inversion therapy table supports weight of up to around 250 pounds, the Ironman IFT 4000 easily allows up to 350 pounds, which, even for people below the usual threshold, can only add an extra layer of security and safety (incidentally, it’s also uniquely able to accommodate very tall people). While other, cheaper tables can feel excessively flimsy and lightweight, the IFT 4000 isn’t going anywhere unless you want it to – the build quality and heavy duty weight of the thing is up to a professional standard.
When you climb into the machine, it’s extremely comfortable from the start, with spacious soft back and head support, and foot support that doesn’t cause any strain or pressure on the ankle (often a sticking point with these machines). When you combine this level of comfort with the soothing, relaxing heat, it’s actually possible to forget that you’re upside down (!). My younger daughter was actually experimenting with the machine for fun, and found the padding and infrared heat to be as calming as I did, which really tells you something. She was very quickly able to figure out how to control the inversion, using her hands to shift it back and forth, laughing as she did, representing the only time she’s ever taken an interest in her daddy’s work.
I should quickly note that in our living area, we have hardwood floors, and it quickly occurred to me after setting up the machine that I was going to have to lay down a mat to protect from any damage. This satisfactorily did the job, and I would recommend a similar strategy to anybody in a similar situation.
The IFT 4000 represents the upper end of the spectrum of inversion tables, and considering what a well-regarded brand Ironman is, it could be said that this is the upper end of the upper end. Essentially, all the inversion tables do the same thing – tip you upside down – but the devil is in the details: how easy it is to control the inversion, the effort it takes to climb in and out of it, the level of back, head and foot support, the feeling of safety and security you have while in it, the aesthetic appeal of the product, etc. – and the fact is, when it comes to these things, the Ironman IFT 4000 simply ticks all the boxes. When you pay top dollar, you can expect top quality. There’s no reason the IFT 4000 can’t last for years and years.
⇢ IRONMAN IFT 4000: BEST FEATURES
- This product is unique thanks to the ameliorative benefits of its soothing, calming infrared heat pads. You may even find that members of your family without pain are using it just for fun! I have read some comments that snarkily deride the heat pads as non-essential, but if you are going to be using the inversion table every day, as I and any other chiropractor would recommend, you want the experience to be as positive as possibile, and you want the ameliorative effects to be as dramatic as possible, which is exactly what the infrared heat system provides.
- The product is very easy to put together, with tools included, and once set up, it is revealed to be an extremely sturdy, weighty, heavy duty machine. You cannot argue with a product that projects the stability and heft of the Ironman IFT 4000, especially when you pit it against machines which are lighter and flimsier, even when they cost the same – or more!
- The comfort cannot be overstated, and it’s rare that you find a machine which puts so little pressure on the ankles – another commonly cited reason that people abandon inversion therapy. If your wallet can take a bigger blow, you will find that it’s more than worth it for the years to come of soft and sturdy padding and mercifully unstressed joints.
My Final Conclusion For The Ironman IFT 4000
The IFT 4000 is an excellent, top-of-the-range product. Though easy to put together, the end result will be to a professional standard, able to hold enormous weight and support very tall people. The calming infrared heat pads are a unique and welcome addition to the inversion table formula that will enhance the ability of inversion therapy to heal and calm. It stands to reason that a product of the highest standard should get my highest recommendation.
Pricing information updates every hour and may not be correct at the time of showing due to this. Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API